There is no built-in support for Shared Emails for the official Microsoft Outlook app on Android. There is however a way to get them to work, for Outlook and for any other mail app.
Firstly, get to the manual settings screen
You will be forced to start the process before you can actually reach the manual settings option.Before starting, ensure the primary email account has access to the shared email account
Before starting, ensure the primary email account has access to the shared email account from within the Office 365 administration area.
- Open the Outlook app and start the process of adding a new email
- Enter the shared email address
- On the next screen, where it asks for your password, hit back
- Choose the IMAP option
- Expand the advanced settings so you can see additional settings
The settings are different to standard Office 365 IMAP email accounts
Now that you have gotten to the screen, enter the appropriate details. Replacing the examples below with the correct email.
Assuming email@example.com is the shared email account and firstname.lastname@example.org is one of the primary emails that has access to the shared email account.
- Email Address: email@example.com
- IMAP Host Name: imap-mail.outlook.com
- IMAP Username: firstname.lastname@example.org\shared (you need a \ with the beginning of the shared email, leaving the domain at the end off)
- IMAP Password: password used for the primary email address
- SMTP Host Name: smtp-mail.outlook.com:587 (note the :587 at the end, this is essential)
- SMTP Username: email@example.com (note that you do not put your shared email address at the end)
- SMTP Password: password used for the primary email address
That should be it.
You cannot simply use the same IMAP settings you would use for a primary email address. You have to use different settings. SMTP must use :587 and have a slightly different username to IMAP.